Orchard Core consists of two distinct projects:
- Orchard Core Framework: An application framework for building modular, multi-tenant applications on ASP.NET Core.
- Orchard Core CMS: A Web Content Management System (CMS) built on top of the Orchard Core Framework.
The software is almost ready for final release. No feature development or enhancement of the software is undertaken; tightly scoped bug fixes are the only code you're allowed to write in this phase, and even then only for the most heinous and debilitating of bugs.
Here is a more detailed roadmap.
- Clone the repository using the command
git clone https://github.com/OrchardCMS/OrchardCore.gitand checkout the
- Install the latest version of the .NET Core SDK from this page https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/core
- Next, navigate to
D:\OrchardCore\src\OrchardCore.Cms.Webor wherever your folder is on the commandline in Administrator mode.
- Then open the
http://localhost:5000URL in your browser.
- Download Visual Studio 2019 (any edition) from https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
OrchardCore.slnand wait for Visual Studio to restore all Nuget packages
OrchardCore.Cms.Webis the startup project and run it
docker run --name orchardcms orchardproject/orchardcore-cms-linux:latest
Docker images and parameters can be found at https://hub.docker.com/u/orchardproject/
The documentation can be accessed here: https://orchardcore.readthedocs.io/en/dev/