Orchard Core consists of two distinct projects:
- Orchard Core Framework: An application framework for building modular, multi-tenant applications on ASP.NET Core.
- Orchard Core CMS: A Web Content Management System (CMS) built on top of the Orchard Core Framework.
The software is complete enough for external testing -- that is, by groups outside the organization or community that developed the software. Beta software is usually feature complete, but may have known limitations or bugs. Betas are either closed (private) and limited to a specific set of users, or they can be open to the general public.
Here is a more detailed roadmap.
- Clone the repository using the command
git clone https://github.com/OrchardCMS/OrchardCore.gitand checkout the
- Install the latest versions (current) for both Runtime and SDK of .NET Core from this page https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/core
- Navigate to
D:\OrchardCore\src\OrchardCore.Cms.Webor wherever your respective folder is on the command line in Administrator mode.
- Then open the
http://localhost:5000URL in your browser.
- Download Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 (any edition) from https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
OrchardCore.slnand wait for Visual Studio to restore all Nuget packages
OrchardCore.Cms.Webis the startup project and run it
docker run --name orchardcms orchardproject/orchardcore-cms-linux:latest
Docker images and parameters can be found at https://hub.docker.com/u/orchardproject/
The documentation can be accessed here: https://orchardcore.readthedocs.io/en/dev/