As with other GhostPack projects, GhostBuild is licensed under the BSD 3-Clause license.
These launchers include compiled/compressed/encoded versions of GhostPack utilities. However, you should inspect and compile your own versions.
- Compile the target GhostPack project with the desired .NET Framework version.
- Compress the .NET assembly with Out-CompressedDll.
- Update and customize the GhostBuild XML CSharp (C#) project file -
- Ensure the AssemblyFile represents the correct framework and path.
- Assign GhostPack .Net assembly arguments to the args variable if required. This is a string array, so quote arguments and separate by commas (e.g. "arg1" , "arg2").
- Copy the compressed .Net assembly from the Out-CompressedDll operation and assign it to the compressedBin variable.
- Copy the byte length/size of the compressed .Net assembly from the Out-CompressedDll operation and assign it to the compressedBinSize variable.
- Build and run with the proper version of MSBuild.exe.
- Example: C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe c:\path\to\project.xml
GhostBuild is designed to help security professionals perform ethical and legal security assessments and penetration tests. Do not use for nefarious purposes.